What is PEDCA?
PEDCA is an abbreviation of PAN EUROPEAN DCA. It is:
- The first Research & Development FP7 grant dedicated to addressing the data centre sector
- A strategic investment of €1.7 Million Euros by the European Commission
- An 18 month project starting 1st July 2013, to be made sustainable after December 2014
- A result of a collaborative initiative between UK, Netherlands and Germany
- A research focused partnership of Academia, Regional Government and the Private Sector.
PEDCA aims to deliver an EU wide "Academy” platform as a foundation to implement a Joint Action Plan for the data centre industry. It will
- leverage the expertise and skills from Europe’s three main data centre "hotspots"
- Widen participation across EU- share knowledge and experience to new European markets
- Identify and validate the research requirements of the data centre industry
- Develop an independent sustainable research platform
- Identify and validate the skills & training requirements of the data centre industry